Netball is a popular participation sport that builds up your health and fitness levels through regular training and matches. Netball helps to build upper body strength, leg muscles and the cardiovascular system, amongst other benefits.
Netball is a fast-paced and intensive game, which will quickly boost your health and fitness levels.
A game puts considerable pressure on the body, with players having to make short sprints, hard stops, and twists and turns during the course of the match.
- Burning calories and lowering body fat if played regularly.
- Improves upper body strength, working out key arm muscles - great for toniing those bingo wings!
- Improves hand-eye co-ordination, with precision passing and shooting necessary to succeed.
- Builds up leg muscle strength and stamina due to its mixture of brief bursts of sprinting and longer jogging - and firms up the butt cheeks, believe me!
- Develops the body’s cardiovascular system, with the heart and lungs able to deliver more oxygen to fuel the muscles.
- Improves the body’s flexibility and nimbleness, as it requires quick changes of direction and speed.